Monday 9 January 2012

Tell me why I (still) don't like Mondays

I've realized as a stay at home mom, my week is pretty much divided into "days when Jimmy's not home" and "days when Jimmy IS home". I much prefer the latter (see that Jimmy?). Compared to some families, I do really have it easy. He only works until 4 and is typically home by 430. I can't imagine not having my husband home until 6 or 7. The day would seem SO long.

Don't get me wrong, some days I'm having tons of fun with Charlie and I don't even notice when it's getting close to "daddy" time. But there are some days when I'm literally counting down the minutes. On those days, as soon as Jimmy gets home, I just shut right down. Literally. It's like I'm a computer and someone just turns me off - I collapse on the couch and lose the ability to form whole sentences.

So, even though I don't have a "work week", I hate Mondays knowing that Jimmy is going back to work. And Sunday night TV has sucked recently. (Priorities)

No comments:

Post a Comment