Tuesday 19 February 2013

Random musings of a 2 year old

  •  Me: "You have a new freckle on your leg!"
     Charlie: "Oh yeah! But none on my penis."
  •  *baby crying*
    "You better pick that baby up and feed it."
     
  • *tries to copy my scowling face and then immediately stops*
    "Nope, no. Only grown ups do that."

    I'm really loving this talking stage. I feel like each new "stage" he reaches quickly becomes my new "favourite". But as difficult and as challenging as 2.5 is, it's also pretty amazing. He's becoming his own little person with preferences, personality and a (weird) sense of humour. I caught myself cracking up at him throughout the day today, which definitely helps when I also want to strangle him at other points in the day.

    This moment was a mixture of cracking up and wanting to strangle him.
  • Note: I do not actually want to strangle him. Do not call CPS.

    He was so content today just playing "kick" (soccer) or "hit" (baseball) or dancing around to our oldies music. I kept asking him if he wanted to colour, or play his memory game, or play with play-doh. I was feeling guilty that we weren't doing anything productive. (Because you know, drawing Spideman for the 485th time is super "productive".) But he just was happy being a nut and running around the basement. Hey man, whatever floats your boat.

    This is just a random sampling. 
    (Note: he still hates wearing pants around the house)
    (Oh, and that shirt is for 5 year olds. Hopefully he will still like the Hulk when he finally grows into it.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment